Cooking to overcome (I) – Coca a la paleta
Since the confinement began in our homes, we have seen an incredible growth of live streams about food, families spending hours cooking or just people who have been encouraged to learn to cook. This makes us happy because moreover, the kitchen serves as social assistance.
We wanted to contribute our grain of sand broadcasting every week gastronomic directs with our chef Alberto Ferruz and other members of our team. With the intention of publishing them in serial format, we leave you in this first part, one of the first ones that we made by the hand of our chef Pau García:
Coca a la paleta
- 200 g. spinach.
- 1 garlic clove.
- Salted melva.
- 1 kg wheat flour.
- 7 cups olive oil.
- 7 cups of water.
- Cut the spinach roughly and cook them in boiling water and salt for about 2-3 min. Cool and set aside.
- Chop the garlic with a bit of parsley and sauté in a frying pan, along with the spinach, which we have cooked previously, until they have a bright color without being overcooked. Save cooled.
- Prepare a poached dough with 1 kg of flour, 7 cups of water and 7 cups of oil and a pinch of salt. Bring the liquids almost to the boiling point and scald the flour with it. Knead until smooth, add more olive oil if necessary.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes, spread between two plastics, and fill with the spinach farce and before closing our coca, cut a salted piece of Melva.
- With an iron paddle or very hot grill mark the coca and let it thoroughly cook.